At Be Skincare, we're all about owning our health and using products that promote sustainable living for both our bodies and the environment. By using basic, all natural ingredients, you can protect your body, your family, your home and the environment from the toxic chemicals in many commerical household cleaners and air freshners.
We are also all about keeping it simple. So, here are two simple recipes for an all purpose cleaner and an air freshner:
All Purpose Cleaner:
- 1 cup of distilled white vinegar (disinfectant)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of natural dish soap (we use Trader Joe's manderin or lavender dish soap)
- 15 drops of eucalyptus oil (this is a purifying and uplifting oil, also good for floors--gives you that 'clean' scent and eliminates the vinegar smell)
- 5 drops of lemon oil (this is another uplifting oil and the acid in lemon breaks down bacteria and helps eliminate the vinegar smell)
- 2 cups of water
- 3 drops of lemon essential oil
- 3 drops of geranium essential oil
- 2 drops of clary sage essential oil
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil
*Shake before spraying
This air freshner not only eliminates pet odor and bathroom smells, but also freshens linens and fabric. I use it everywhere! On the sheets and pillows in the morning and at night. On the dogs' beds. On the couches and chairs. When I need to feel more balanced and calm. It's not too overwhelming, yet always makes everything smell and feel so much better!
Most of the oils I use come from Healing Solutions--an all organic, pure line with effective oils that don't break your budget. I keep their Stress Relief Blend in my purse and dab a little on my temples or wrists when necessary. I also love, love all the pure, therapeutic oils from my dear friend, life coach, and aromotherapist, Nicole Werner at Rx for the Soul. More to come from her soon...
Stay tuned for more DIY recipes...like how I no longer buy bread anymore, because it's so easy (and healthier and tastier) to make!